Why does God allow bad things, devastating things to happen to His people?
Bad things happen to God’s people because of sin. Let me expand on why?
1) To test the validity of their faithܓ̰ܵܪܸܒܠܵܐ ܗܲܝܡܵܢܘܼܬܵܐ: ܝܼܠܵܐ ܦܵܝܫܲܢܬܵܐ ܝܲܢ ܠܵܐ؛
That is to say, to determine if their faith is a lasting faith.
2) To wean them from the worldܩܵܛܸܥ ܠܲܢ ܡܼܢ ܕܘܼܢܝܹܐ
God allows afflictions to help us break our attachments to the world.
3) To call them to heavenly hopeܩܵܪܹܐ ܠܲܢ ܠܗܹܒܼܝܼ ܫܡܲܝܵܢܵܝܬܵܐ
God will fill our hearts with anticipation for the glories to come
4) To show them what they really loveܡܲܚܙܹܐ ܠܡܘܼܕܝܼ ܡܲܚܘܼܒܹܐ ܝܢܵܐ ܒܘܼܫ ܙܵܘܕܵܐ ܡܼܢ ܟܠ!
It’s all part of our sanctificationܩܲܕܝܼܫܘܼܬܵܐ.
5) To teach them obedienceܡܲܠܸܦܠܘܿܢ ܡܲܨܝܲܬܵܐ
Trials are perfect time for God to teach us obedience.
6) To reveal His compassion in miseryܓܵܠܢܐ ܖ̈ܲܚܡܘܼܗܝ ܓܵܘ ܓ̰ܲܢܓ̰ܲܪܬܵܐ
God is ever and always concerned to manifest Himself.
7) To display his astounding powerܡܲܚܙܹܐ ܚܲܝܠܘܼܗܝ ܡܥܲܓ̰ܸܒܵܢܵܐ
God was taking us to the place where we had no escape.
Conclusion: Hebrews 12:5-6 ܥܒܼܖ̈ܝܐ ܝܒ:5 – 6
5 ...ܒܪܘܼܢܝܼ: ܠܵܐ ܡܲܣܠܸܬ ܬܲܥܠܲܡܬܹܗ ܕܡܵܪܝܵܐ: ܘܠܵܐ ܣܵܩܕܸܬ ܐܝܼܡܲܢ ܕܦܵܝܫܸܬ ܡܘܼܢܟܼܸܣܵܐ ܡܸܢܹܗ: 6 ܣܵܒܵܒ ܡܿܢ ܕܡܲܚܸܒ ܠܹܗ ܡܵܪܝܵܐ: ܟܹܐ ܬܲܥܠܸܡ ܠܹܗ: ܘܟܹܐ ܬܲܠܡܸܕ (ܓ̰ܲܢܓ̰ܸܪ) ܠܟܠ ܒܪܘܼܢܵܐ ܕܗܿܘ ܩܵܒܸܠ.